Saturday, October 25, 2008

"A Toast to Renee, Tina, & All Little Hatters"


Once in a while Sue gets a brilliant idea and we have time and energy to act upon it - last night was one of those times. Sue has been such an amazing business partner- calm and steady never questioning my crazy business ideas or directions. She rolls her sleeves up, makes a list, and gets it done. Sue is brilliant but doesn't give herself enough credit. I know that she has great ideas brewing but will often focus on the current goal and not steer us away from our efforts. Last night was very different. We finished up packing at 10:30pm at The Wentworth. Our feet were "barking" it was the first time I was in pointy heels for more than two hours since I was in corporate world. SUE demanded that we stop in Portsmouth to toast the success of the company and our fabulous night. I was so flippin tired from all of the weeks efforts I was trying to talk her out of it. It is seldom that SUE demands anything but here we are at almost 11:00pm parking the car near Gaslight and walking on the cobblestone/brick sidewalks, down granite stairs in our chinese shoes to "Toast our Success". I have never been so happy to be in so much pain in my life - except the birth of my children. We climbed the old wooden stairs to the bar and within five minutes everyone was toasting The Little Hat Company with us and our champagne. It was simply magical!! A tourist for Nashville, a little spirited, raised his glass and yelled " I love HATS!" Denise, owner of the Black Trumpette Bistro sat with us and gave us some amazing advice. She grew up in an Entrepreneurs World. Her Mom started a wholesale bakery when Denise was little and taught the family incredible work ethic and faith in oneself and dreams. WOW what a wonderful place for Sue and I to raise our first glasses of Champagne to toast Little Hat.

No comments: