Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Commander asked for Adult Lids


When this whole thing started - 2 years ago, my new baby needed a summer hat. The most interesting things that happen in life could never have been predicted or even imagined. That one little hat turned into a whole new phase of life for me and my family, I've made some amazing new friends who a lot of them I get to work with every day. We were asked to create winter lids by my friend Diana and now after having shipped to five continents, opened a retail store, built a website and appeared in national magazines we are being asked to make adult lids for the Commander of the USS New Hampshire.

Thinking back to that early evening in my dining room surrounded by fabric samples and shirt boxes made into pattern pieces I could never have imagined any of this happening in my wildest dreams...but then again I was still nursing and sleep deprived. The little girl in this picture will be going to nursery school with Libby this winter. Libby was too young to start in September. By a twist of fate we've found out that her Mom is also an amazing photographer - google her, Jill Brady.

Next week we are heading off to New York City to meet some of the peeps at The Today Show. I guess if I could say one thing to anyone who happens to land on this blog...stop worrying about your future and what lays ahead you wouldn't believe it if you knew it ahead of time anyways. Relax, things have a way of working out if you just step out of your own way.

Props go out to Kim, Cathie, and Deb for stitching through the night to produce 100 Adult USS New Hampshire lids. We wouldn't be able to grow in such a wonderful way without you! Hey someone said Barb is dark, dark, dark from being in Hawaii. One Day!! Amy are you healed yet or is football season over yet?

No comments: