Thursday, November 5, 2009

Crab Cakes & Tres Leches!

Help Spread the Word - Local Economy is Booming

When you have the most fabulous idea you can't wait to share it with a friend. When you find a product that makes your life easier and even better brings a smile to your face you tell the moms at pick up and the person next to you in line at check out. When you feel as though you've been cheated or taken advantage of you tell your mom, your friends, your co-workers, your neighbors, and even the postman. Why is it when we've been hurt we share it with the world but when we've been helped or given a gift we tell a precious few?

I'm proposing that we make a shift in how we respond to the people and world around us. Let's take on a new challenge. When something good is said or done and we are fortunate enough to be around it let's start sharing it. It's not bragging or gloating its helping to kick off a chain reaction of good. It can start off simple and then just as we plant seeds in business, spreading the word about good things it can have a HUGE beneficial impact on local business and economies. So here's what I propose:

Take one thing that you love from a local store and or business. It has to be something you truly love and can't get enough of. Begin bringing it up in conversation with friends and neighbors who would benefit from the knowledge. Make it your project for the week to see how many people you can spread the word to in your town. This is going to be mine. I've been going to Pepperland Cafe since we started building The Little Hat Company. There are two items on the menu that I order almost every time I go there. I can't get enough of them and always get at least one other person with me to try it. This week I am going to try to spread the word to as many people that I can about Pepperland's Crab Cakes and Tres Leches Cakes. Why? Because number one - they are by far the most scrumptious things I have ever tasted in my life. Have I told you that I have eaten in Paris, LA, NYC, across the Midwest, the Western Carribean, a cruise ship or two, and still by far Pepperland's Crab Cakes and Tres Leches are my personal favorites!!

I suggest you treat yourself and after the kids go to bed, get a sitter and venture down to Pepperland's for a piece of cake. Bring your husband/wife and while enjoying the creamy, moist, delicious cake with fresh berry ask them how their day was.

I can't wait to hear through the grapevine what your most favorite product or service is in South Berwick, Maine.

Here are some other things I've been thinking about

1 comment:

shopnewskool said...

Cool site! Very informative! send me a line. maybe we can collaborate together. I am interested in ad space!

Also check out my site for some infant and toddler clothing!

http://shopnewskool.com/