Monday, May 18, 2009

Life is a Climb- Thank you Miley Cyrus


You know in life when you pick up a piece of information in an unexpected place and it turns your life upside down? Well how is it that during an evening of Hannah Montanna in Newington with Sue, Katherine, and Anna I finally figure what I want to be when I grow up? It is almost like it's been on the tip of your tongue and everyone around you has been nudging you, supporting you, and slapping you to get you to wake up from whatever coma induced state you've been existing in for the past months or so.


When you wake up it's a major DAH moment and somehow without warning your cup is filled up again and you are ready to do battle or at least to sell hats. Somewhere along the journey I had forgotten what had started it in the first place. We all have our mountains to climb in life. No mountain is greater than another - perspective is an amazing fact of life. In fact the journeys are all very similiar filled with pain, fear, doubt, sadness, vulnerability, glimpses of hope, faith, joy, friendship, learning curves, and love. I guess if I have learned anything is choose your damn mountain in life and then committ to it with all your heart. If you keep giving up one mountain for another before you've fully climbed it you won't be able to enjoy the view.


Oh and by the way for those of you who are keeping score - I've only made it up a quarter of the way...it all gets interesting from here. Send me a postcard of your mountain and journey. I'd love to swap stories.

No comments: