Monday, August 17, 2009

Adventures With Abby - My new favorite blog & source of inspiration


Abby is a little girl who recently came into my life through a picture sent in of her wearing one of our beachcombers. I was excited because her mom had just happened to be someone I had grown up with and spent time with her and my other friend Kelly. The funny thing is she became life long friends with Vicky, one of my best friends from Spofford. It was fun to start connecting with everyone on Facebook and to see how they've changed. The last time that I have been face to face with most of my childhood friends was 9th grade and that's how I remember them.

Misty ordered a second hat for her daughter Abby and I was thrilled. I was thrilled that she liked them and I could tell by the pictures that Abby was a true hat girl. I loved it. So cute...then I noticed tonight that we are starting to get a little traffic from a blog I hadn't visited - Adventures with Abby. I just spent some time getting to know my childhood friend a little bit better and discovering what a truly gifted mom and person she has become. My heart was touched by the love, support, nurturing, laughter, and grace that was pouring out of this blog from Misty and her husband directed mostly towards their daughter but also their friends and family.

I admire how family is truly their number one priority in life. It is easy to become distracted in life by some of the things that just don't matter as much as loved ones. New businesses, ideas, hobbies, and things. We have so many things that it takes so much of our time keeping up with it all. (I wish I could keep up with it all) In just one night Abby and Misty have taught me that - don't feel guilty about the dishes sitting overnight, the pile of paperwork will not go anywhere and it will be done in time for quarterlies, the gardens are hardy and know how to survive even with the weeds if they must. When my little ones come to me with something to say or wanting to play...I am going to think of Abby's family and try very hard to not say automatically 'in a minute'. After all the three of my children are so much more valuable then any thing I might be working on at the time. My mom always reminds me that one day they will grow up and you will have plenty of things around you...but somehow you'll only be able to think about them.

My hat off to you Misty and Mr. Misty for bringing such a bright light into this world and making sure she shines for everyone to see. I know where I'm going when I need a quick dose of whats really important in life.

No comments: