Friday, June 6, 2008

It's all about the label


A familiar face came into the store this week. She was sending Stroller Lids down to North Carolina to her college friends. I love being in the store. There is something about toys and babies that keep people in happy spirits. We talked for awhile, I felt like I was making a new friend. She said one of the reasons she loves to send out our summer and winter hats is because of our label. Our labels read,"The Little Hat Company - South Berwick Maine " in big bold black letters.

She loves the town and is proud to be a part of it. We all are. How cool is it that we have a thriving little town that is quickly becoming a destination for people from all over New England. Last month, Grandparents came into shop. They had seen the dogs and were on their way to Portland to visit their son. We started talking and soon found out that I had gone to kindergarten with their son in Keene, New Hampshire. After more conversation, I found out that they had known my father ( who has since passed away). They loved the store and loved our town. They are coming back. I told them to grab a cup of coffee and run down to the market to grab some snacks for the road.

We had a woman email from France- she found us through the label on our Stroller Lid. She had such praises for our website - thanks Hannah and Megan, but also for the handcrafted quality of our little Stroller Lid! How cool is it that a team of talented women (mostly from Agamenticus Estates are stitching our hats that are being sent out all over the world and receiving such great feedback!! I feel so fortunate to have come to know them.

The one little hat I made for Libby two years ago has created a business, but more importantly it has brought so many wonderful people into my life. I thank God for that white little South Berwick label on our hats everyday!!

www.thelittlehatcompany.com

No comments: